Saturday, January 26, 2013

Navy + Black


The navy and black combination popped up a lot on the Fall 2012 runways. This is an interesting trend to me because there were two color combinations my mom told me to never put together- brown + black and navy +black.  But as we all know, all the rules are being ignored lately in fashion.  People are layering summer clothes and adding tights, rocking yellows and oranges in the dead of winter, and wearing white all year round.  So part of my inspiration comes from this trend. 


The other inspiration comes from Beyonce at the 2010 Grammys.  When she performed in this Fall 2009 Atelier Versace dress, I absolutely fell in love with the dress and the peep toe Giuseppe Zanotti ankle boots.  Once I saw this, I went out that year and bought ankle boots because I wasn't a fan before (I felt they cut the leg off at a weird spot) and later last year, I bought an a-line skirt that incorporated the navy and black trend.  (I know this outfit isn't a dead ringer for Beyonce's, but I took elements from it like the flare of the skirt and the ankle boots). I could see myself wearing more navy and black.  It looks good together.  Mom was wrong (lol).







**me-Blazer-Express; Tee-Charlotte Russe; Skirt-Forever 21; Tights-Sears; Shoes-Charlotte Russe

No comments:

Post a Comment