Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Marigold, Mustard, and a Dash of Pomegranate

So it's no surprise how much I love Instyle for their dressing tips.  Instyle has this color book (and app) that tells you what colors look good paired together and it's really been my go-to for trying to mix new color schemes and utilize all the clothing I have in my closet (always looking for different ways to wear things-gotta make the most of money spent!).


I really love marigold but it's not a color I come across very often.  The marigold dress that I am wearing fits a bit weird (like a mix of static cling and being a size too large...) so for the past two years, I have been using it as a bathing suit cover-up.  This time I wore it to work and using the suggested color pairings, added a white vest and pomegranate (red is what most call it lol) belt.  Though mustard wasn't a suggested color to add, I did, and I think it worked :)

**Me- Dress and Vest: Forever 21; Belt: Target; Shoes: Arturo Chiang; Bag: Steve Madden











 Photo Credit: Instyle

No comments:

Post a Comment