Friday, August 23, 2013

Turquoise Toss Up


So I liked both of these looks featured today....it really was a toss up.

I have a dress in a similar color to the ones I'm showing today.  For some reason, I had the hardest time trying to figure out what color shoe to pair with it.

Originally, I saw Sofia Vergara's turquoise (I think that's what you would call this color) first so I decided to find a gold shoe.








Then, I saw Jordin Sparks in her turquoise dress and I loved the white pumps (which has been a big trend this summer), so I decided to find a white shoe.  

 


















In the end, I decided against the latter because I'm just not big on white shoes-sneakers, flip flops, flats, pumps-they're just too hard to maintain.  

I can say that I love the simplicity of both looks-unfussy hair, minimal jewelry-they let the dress (and the color) speak for itself.  

You're probably wondering why it was so hard for me to pick a shoe color when in the end, I just chose a simple gold shoe?  Well, in my head, I imagined a multi-colored shoe with turquoise in it, but I never found one and that probably would have been too much anyways... 

As far as the dress, I love the color, but it was a bit big even after getting it tailored..guess I lost weight in week (idk). (New York & Company items always fit huge on me smh.)

**Me-Dress: New York & Company; Heels: GoJane





2 comments: