Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Zoe's Printed Pencil Skirt

So here's another feature from People Style Watch's October issue (this issue was one of the best in a long time btw)...

Zoe Saldana, another one of my style favorites, is wearing a super cute top and skirt by Prabal Gurung with Christian Louboutin pumps.  I just love how comfortable she looks in it and surprisingly, I love the print on the skirt.  From past posts, you should know that I don't love prints because for one, I feel overwhelmed looking at them, two, I'm an accessories girl-you can't throw on a bunch of jewelry with a print (at least that's how I feel), and three, it brings back scary memories from my childhood which consisted of wearing big, frilly, flower printed dresses!! But lately, I have been venturing more and more into the world of prints, so I looked at one of the outfit suggestions they included (top right) and tried it for myself.

**Me- Top and Skirt: Sears; Shoes: Charlotte Russe


Overall, I liked the outfit.  Sears had a purple blouse as well as this teal one, but I thought the teal looked better, and I've really been feeling that color lately.  Plus, the material was just so nice!  The skirt was also cute (loved the print and it was half price), but Sears clothing sizes are a bit big, so it didn't fit as tight as I would have liked.  The shoes were the only thing I would change.  My feet don't do well in pointy toe shoes so I didn't have any to wear. Instead, I wore a pair of round toe platform pumps, but I just think it would have looked better with a skinnier, pointed shoe. (Btw, after I wore this, I ended up finding an AWESOME pair of super pointy toe black pumps..and my feet love them too!!!)

Photo Credit: People Style Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment